- Hunter Vision, Refractive Fellowship
- University of South Carolina, Intern
- University of Virginia, Resident (Chief resident)
- Medical University of South Carolina, M.D.
- The Citadel Graduate College, M.B.A.
- University of South Carolina, B.S.
Certifications, Memberships, & Affiliations
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Christopher McCurry, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and brings years of refractive surgery experience having been in the field as a surgeon since 2013 and having performed more than 20,000 LASIK procedures. Dr. McCurry has a B.S. in Civil Engineering, but decided on a career in medicine so he can have a personal impact on people. He has had the honor of going on multiple Global Ophthalmic mission trips, helping people in Peru and South Africa. In his free time, he loves enjoying outdoor activities with his wife and two sons.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dr. McCurry obtained M.B.A. and M.D. degrees simultaneously from the Medical University of South Carolina and The Citadel Graduate College. He completed his residency at the University of Virginia and his refractive fellowship was specifically dedicated to LASIK and PRK at Hunter Vision. Dr. McCurry has presented numerous times at national ophthalmology meetings and is published by multiple ophthalmology societies including the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & HONORS
Dr. McCurry is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is also a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.