Experience the swift and virtually pain-free LASIK vision correction, lasting only 5 to 15 minutes. Many find their vision enhanced within 24 hours, with immediate post-surgery improvements for some.
After a brief nap with protective eye shields, wearing them while sleeping is advised during the initial days to prevent unintended eye-rubbing. Avoiding eye-rubbing during the early healing stage is crucial.
Witness the surprising speed of eyesight recovery post-LASIK, usually allowing a return to the normal routine within a week. Post-operative care is paramount for optimal healing and comfort. Follow these tips to maximize your LASIK experience:
- Schedule Follow-Up Appointments: Arrange follow-up visits with your eye doctor for the first three months, with annual eye exams thereafter.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Directions: Critical follow-ups allow personalized adjustments based on your healing response. Refer to our post-operative LASIK care guide for added assistance.
Post-LASIK Follow-Up Care Timeline:
The first week: Prescribed eye drops to prevent infection, inflammation, and dryness.
The first few months: Monitoring the healing process for comfort and visual acuity.
Returning to Normal Activities After LASIK:
- Return to work within a day or two, following your doctor’s instructions.
- Driving is typically safe after one day.
- Wear sunglasses for the first week.
- Read in moderation initially.
- Avoid eye makeup for one week.
- No eye-rubbing for a month.
- No exercise for a week.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs, whirlpools, gardening, and dusty environments for one week.
- Abstain from contact sports that risk eye injury for a month.
- Smoking is allowed, but it may irritate your eyes.
Similar to LASIK, PRK corrects vision issues, but recovery may take slightly longer due to procedural differences. Individual healing times vary, so discuss this with your LASIK surgeon.